Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My dear friends please forgive me…

My dear friends please forgive me… I didn’t write for so long… It was a reason for it, a stupid one. Sometimes I am so worried about my daughter’s tumor – I can’t breeze, I can’t live, I can’t see colors… Sorry – that’s me, who I am… I just not realized how long I was absent from normal life…
She is OK now, feel well and enjoying her break at school. It is coming time for the next MRI (which makes me crazy again!!!). I am again scared to death, but there is a hope that tumor will not come back again...
My daughter was in Chicago week ago, and (again!) fall in-love with this beautiful city. She wants to move to Chicago after graduation. Me too! What a place to be…
Another news – she finally became US citizen. We were too busy in past five years to do it. But last summer we finally decide to apply for citizenship. I don’t know if she was exited, she told it was long and boring, but my husband was!!!
It was huge ceremony, 1100 people received certificates. I will have same ceremony on May 29th – hey! I will able to have passport and travel! I want to see English cottages and gardens! As well as rest of world. I can't wait!
There is some photo’s form Irka’s ceremony and you can see how much people there! Wow! It took almost 3 hours.
She was exhausted and took good nap after. She is biggest "snoozer" in the world!

2 comments:

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Welcome back Elena!
I'm so excited that you are back with us in blogland! And very excited that Irka is a US Citizen and that you will be also! That is fabulous news. I was so worried about you and only knew to pray for you and your family. I'm glad all is well so far. I will keep praying that things will continue to be good. Your photos are lovely, thank you for sharing them!
Big big hugs, Sherry

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Oh Lenka! It's so good to see you blogging again! I am so happy all is well and I will be praying that Irka's next MRI will be good.

Congratulations to her and to you for becoming citizens! My husband did the same thing almost 34 years ago ... it was very exciting for him too!

I just came back from another trip to Ireland! My husband had some business there, and we also added days on to make it a vacation.

Hugs, Pat