Thursday, March 27, 2008

Lovely Lousy Day




esterday was lousy day. But a lovely one!

My cold almost gone, even so - I am still too lazy to start any new projects. I return home, collapsed on the couch in front of TV and pretended to be blooming couch potato!
Actually, I love it! Despite my usual attempt to keep busy, I always happy to have time for doing nothing…
Doing nothing really means to me to have time to write (and I did! I wrote two new articles for the Russian magazine!); it is also meant to exercise in painting – and I did it also!


It's turn to be not too good - but oh, well... I do it for pleasure, not for being famous. And I truly enjoy making mess on paper! I want to learn how to paint roses now.
I also continued to stitch my cherubs. They have more vines now and soon I will need to find more room for birds in between vines.
But the biggest pleasure of yesterday’s evening came from the animated film version of Prokofiev's Peter and the Wolf. We spent lovely evening in front of TV, and I want to share it with you.

Amazing music together with the stop-frame film, directed by Breakthru Films and director Suzie Templeton, offers new and intriguing interpretation of the story… Poor duck didn’t survive, but you still can listen her quacking inside wolf’s stomach! Two hunters look like a maniacs, so Peter decide to safe life of wolf and let him go… Most of all I was surprised to see unbelievable beautiful puppets – in some way it is hard to imagine they are not alive! You can watch part of trailer on-line and read more about how the animation was made.
We are often spent time watching PBC or University of Michigan channels – what a source of good music, art, and entertainment! It is coming to blame on TV for low-cultural events and bad taste. I can’t – these two stations like a fresh air for us…

4 comments:

rochambeau said...

Hello Lenka,
Glad to know you are feeling better! Your flower paintings look so pretty and fresh!

I am with my mother right now in Texas.

Happy Spring!
Constance

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I love your art! You are so talented in so many different mediums....But, my favorite still is your lovely embroidery. The cherub pieces are just beautiful!
Penny

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Hi Elena!

I like Peter & the Wolf also, and I like the animation. Your artwork is so lovely! Feel better!
Hugs, Sherry

Communiteez said...

wow... you are sooo talented!

your painting skills are awesome...





God bless,