Saturday, February 16, 2008

Easter Coming!


aster coming! It is not too soon, but I can’t wait and took out of closet my bunnies, Easter eggs and few Pysanka from last year. (A pysanka (Ukrainian: писанка, plural: pysanky) is a Ukrainian Easter egg, decorated using a wax-resist (batik) method. The word comes from the verb pysaty, "to write", as the designs are not painted on, but written with beeswax). Next weekend I will make dozen of new Pysanka for decorations, and also gifts for friends. It is not too hard to paint eggs, but it takes lot of time and I need to have plenty of room and good bright light.



There are two Russian eggs, from Palekhm and paper mache Easter egg from Erzgebirge, Germany:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is a Pysanka?

Oh, you paint your own eggs? I look forward to see more.....

I spent an Easter in Budapest a few years ago and loved looking at the artful eggs. I have my agg collection at our cabin, where we usually spend our Easter. This year we'll go to Italy though.

SweetAnnee said...

Lovely lovely eggs Lenka..
I'm here and doing good!!
thanks for sharing a bit
of Easter Bliss today!!
In Spring all things find new
life!!

deena

samplerlover said...

Hi Lenka, that you for visiting my blog and leaving such lovely comments regarding my needlework. Its something that I love doing.
You have a lovely blog. I had a quick look and look forward to exploring it more tomorrow when I have more time.
I really love your Easter Eggs. They are beautiful.
By the way I also love French blogs. I found that if I type in the name of the into Google, when it comes up I click onto the (translate this blog) besides the title and I can enjoy reading the lovely comments that people write. - Sandra.

Sandra Evertson said...

These eggs are all so Beautiful!
Sandra Evertson