Friday, February 29, 2008

Polka-dot birdhouse

My daughter back home for the whole week – it is spring break at University of Michigan. Hurrah!!! I am having happiest time in my life now. She is happy and healthy – what else I can pray for!
Yesterday we spent couple hours at coffee shop, we did some shopping, and we took a nice snooze together. Then we went to the Michaels and she bought beautiful bird for me. It is my Mothers Day gift. She also decorated lovely birdhouse for the new bird I have. It is quite a project! She spent all evening and it turns to be lovely house! I can’t wait to display it!



There is my new bird house! Isn't it lovely?
Michaels have a lot of cute staff for sale. For example I found these lovely monogrammed cards just for $1. Newer mind they are blue – my favorite color, they also have any letters you want! We bought some Martha Stewarts’ paper, gosh – I love her choice of colors!





7 comments:

SweetAnnee said...

Oh I so want to go shopping at Michaels..but way afraid to be out in public, SO much flu going around..
I'll just have to shop a bit online!

I love the polka dot birdhouse..aWEsome!!

fondly, deena

Lenka said...

Oh, Deena, be brave! They have so many easter decoratioons now! I afraid even to look - I always spent more then I really planned.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Sadly no Michaels craft stores are in Brooklyn :-(
Maybe a good thing, because I'd spend too much money there, too!

Your daughter is beautiful, and she made such a pretty bird house! for you!
Enjoy your week together.
Hugs, Pat

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

what a cute birdhouse! You should link the pictures of it to our party on March 27th!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

What a lovely birdhouse! I used to live in Hell, Michigan, and went to Pinckney High School. Spent alot of time in Ann Arbor.
Penny

Lucy Bloom said...

Hi Lenka, thank's for the lovely comment on my blog, glad you enjoy it. Your daughter did a really good job on the birdhouse and I love that pretty bird she bought you. You're very lucky having shops's like Michael's over there, our craft shops in the UK are poor by comparison,
best wishes,
Lucy x

Esther Sunday said...

How nice to have such a special time with your daughter (who is lovely, by the way!) The birdhouse is so sweet! Love, Esther