Friday, February 15, 2008

Saturday morning

“Dear, dear! How queer everything is to-day! And yesterday things went on just as usual. I wonder if I’ve been changed in the night? Let me think: was I the same when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I’m not the same, the next question is, Who in the world am I? Ah, that’s the great puzzle!” - Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland.



I finished another broderie rouge heart for the key-box next to the door and monogrammed letter N, just because I like how it looks.


Saturday morning always the best day of week for me. Today I found myself doing my needlework in TV-room till 6 a.m. I didn’t know it is so late… Or early? I truly enjoyed redwork, movie and even have time to listen new CD with lessons in French. Oh, no! It is already 6!
Silently I slip into the bed; hug my sleeping and softly snoring husband - he even didn’t notice it. I took a snooze full of nightmares till 9 and after I brutally killed two guys, adopted poor girl without shoes walking in the snow, I decide to wake up. Enough!

I love thrillers and my dream tonight has all signs of it: crashed helicopter, two mad kidnapers on snowboard followed baby-girl, two (again!) friendly green parrots, on my left and right shoulders; they were hunted by some wild cat and finally killed too. I was shooting my rifle – wow! I didn’t know I can to it! Oh, yeah – it was in Mexico also! (Snow in the Mexico?!!!) Hmm… Bloody dreams!
So, now I am in the nearest coffee shop, browsing my favorite blogs, answering e-mails and seeping coffee. No assassins, no shoeless girls, quiet and peaceful. It is sunny, aqua-blue sky without any sign of clouds, and fairly cold. They promise 40 F tomorrow and plenty of rain.


Another good day to do my peaceful needlepoint, or dream-out some new adventure?




No comments: